Some exciting new news surfaced over the weekend about the upcoming Lich King expansion set for Warcraft.
Most notably, it seems as though Blizzard is learning and evolving. In the original game, players were required to organize 40 person raids to receive high-level end game content. Needless to say, this became a rather challenging proposition and areas like Naxxramas went largely untouched.
With the Burning Crusade, large raid groups were cut down to a 25 person max, but again, this is still difficult to manage at times. Blizzard is taking cues from the games most popular raid, Karazhan. Kara seems to hit the sweet spot with most players by providing excellent loot, a decent yet not impossible level of organization (10 players), and can be cleared in around 2 hours (depending on players skill level of course).
Blizz is taking this knowledge and applying it to the new Lich King.
- All dungeons will have a 10 and 25 person version available
- Versions of the raids are NOT dependent upon each other
- 25 person raids will have improved (on tier higher) loot
- NO KEYS! No more running around to get key fragments and attunements
- 10 person and 25 person dungeons are on separate timers. Meaning: if you’ve already run the dungeon with a group of 10, and find 15 more people to run it with your group, you’re golden
- 5 person raids are designed to take no longer than 1 hour to complete
- A new token system will be introduced, similar to the Badge of Justice system
We also got hit with a few tidbits about the new hero character class: Death Knights
- Every race is able to start a Death Knight
- Death Knights start at level 55 and there’s no longer a prerequisite to get one. In other words, if you’ve got a level 55 character, you can make 1 Death Knight per account per realm.
- Mounted Combat! You’ll now have the ability to fight while mounted. Don’t forget about the ability to take a buddy with you (some Wrath mounts have the ability to bring a passenger along), AND use them in the old world.
All in all, it looks like a juicy in expansion, with some well thought out (and heard) requests from players around the world.
Tags: Blizz, Blizzard, Burning, content, Crusade, Death, dungeon, expansion, hero, hour, Kara, Karazhan, KEYS, King, Knight, Knights, level, Lich, loot, Naxxramas, race, raid, realm, tier, Versions, Warcraft, world